Food allergy affects over 3 million Canadians, including almost 600,000 children. Researchers are committed to better understanding how to prevent, diagnose, treat, and eventually, cure this medical condition. Learn how you can participate in research studies.
Research study – Call for participants: Children with peanut allergy
A research study is underway across North America. They are seeking children aged 4-7 years who have been diagnosed with peanut allergy and are currently following a strict peanut-free diet.
The study is testing an investigational drug patch to learn how well it works and how safe it is in children with peanut allergy. The purpose of the patch is to potentially desensitize a person with peanut allergy by repeated exposures to very small amounts of peanut via the skin.
Following is an announcement from the research team. You can also visit VitesseAllergyStudy.com for more details and view their FAQ sheet. Please note, study sites will continue to be added, so check back often.
Please share with others whose children have peanut allergy.
From the research team:
Now Enrolling: The VITESSE Phase 3 Study for Peanut Allergy
The VITESSE phase 3 clinical research study is looking for children 4 to 7 years of age who have been diagnosed with peanut allergy and are currently following a strict peanut-free diet. Study doctors are testing an investigational drug patch (also called study drug patch) to learn how well it works and how safe it is in children with peanut allergy.
What should I know about the VITESSE study?
- To be eligible for this study, participants must be*:
- 4 to 7 years of age
- Diagnosed with peanut allergy
- Currently following a strict peanut-free diet
*Other inclusion/exclusion criteria will apply.
- This study will consist of at least 12 study visits and 5 phone calls over a period of approximately 58 weeks (about 1 year)
- Participants will be randomly assigned (by chance) to receive the study drug patch or placebo patch (looks like the study drug but contains no active drug). Participants will have about a 67% (2 in 3) chance of receiving the study drug patch and about a 33% (1 in 3) chance of receiving the placebo patch
- The health and safety of participants will be monitored throughout the study
- Participant data and information will be kept confidential according to applicable laws for clinical research studies
- Study participants will receive all study-related procedures and the study drug patch or placebo patch at no cost
Study sponsored by DBV Technologies.